Tag Archives: ios10
If you lose your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and you don’t have another iOS device, you will find the following information very useful. If you intend on removing your device from your Apple account, Activation Lock will be turned off, which will allow someone else to activate and use your device.
If you decide to erase your device, you should contact your wireless carrier so they can disable your account and prevent calls, texts and data use.
The following will only work if you enabled Find My iPhone (including iPad or iPod touch).
- Sign in to https://icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC with your Apple ID and Password (Don’t check ‘Keep me signed in’}
- You will also get an email from Apple to tell you about your iCloud sign in
- Click > All Devices – you will see a list of iOS devices that are either offline or connected to the Internet
- Select a device to view its location on a map. You can play a sound, activate Lost Mode or Erase iPhone
- Turn on Lost Mode – this will allow you to remotely lock your device with a passcode, display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device’s Lock screen, and monitor your device’s location*