Tag Archives: adoptable storage
Adoptable external storage provides support to designate your external microSD storage card as internal storage. Only HTC, Lenovo and the BlackBerry DTEK60 provide this Android Marshmallow only feature.
It’s worth noting that if you decide to format your microSD card for internal storage, it will format as EXT4* and encrypt it, so it will only be accessible on your device, as the SD card will no longer be visible.
Follow these simple steps to enable your microSD card for internal storage:
- Settings > Storage & USB
- Tap > SD card (this will under ‘Portable storage’)
- Tap > Menu (top right three vertical dots) > Settings
- You can choose to Eject, Format or Format on internal
- Choose > Format on internal
The microSD will be formatted to make it secure. After formatting, your SD card will only work on your device. It will also erase all data currently stored on the microSD card. To avoid losing any of your data, you should now consider backing it up.
- Tap > ERASE & FORMAT – depending on the type and size of card, formatting shouldn’t take long.
If you receive the following message while formatting: