Tag Archives: 2FA
Facebook announced today that YubiKey & FIDO U2F will be protecting Facebook suers. Congratulations, if you have a U2F YubiKey! So how do you set it up to protect your Facebook account? Follow these instructions and you’ll be protected with the simplicity of YubiKey two-factor authentication in no time! The following ‘How to’ was provided by Yubico.
Here is how you setup your YubiKey with Facebook:
- Latest version of Google Chrome browser (or at least version 38) or Opera browser
- A FIDO U2F Security Key by Yubico, YubiKey 4, YubiKey 4 Nano, YubiKey NEO*, or other Yubico U2F-enabled YubiKey
- A Facebook account
*YubiKey NEO requires firmware version 3.3 or later (available since October 2014)
SETTING UP YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
- In Google Chrome or Opera, log in to Facebook.
- Click the arrow at the top right, and then click Settings.
- In the Security Settings page, in the left pane, click Security.
- Next to Login Approvals, click Edit.
- Under Code Generator, click the link to set up a third party app to generate codes.
- Scan the QR code with your favourite authenticator app that you use to generate codes (or enter the secret key manually, if required).