go.google.com fix found

If you didn’t know it – you do now! go.google.com is very dangerous indeed. If you click on a link in say Google you will be taken to any one of a number of fake websites. Even worse, start looking for a fix on the same computer and you’ll be taken to one of many fake antivirus scanning websites.

Be warned! So if you are one of the unlucky ones I suggest you read on….

What are the signs?

– you hover over a search listing and notice ‘go-google.com’ on all/most links
– your browser has stopped working – takes you to fake websites
– your browser will not allow you to download software updates i.e. AVG, Symantec, AVAST etc
– your computer has slowed down or doesn’t work in safe mode
– you have noticed pop up advertisements
– you’ve seen a pop up asking you to pay for antivirus or antispyware
– a pop up tells you you are infected with viruses (will also stop malwarebytes from being installed)

Read more about how to remove antispyware and antivirus malware variants.

If you do have the ‘go-google.com’ virus here’s what you should do to remove it, allow you to search in safety again and allow your security download updates to work: 🙂

> Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices.

> Scroll down to “Non-plug and Play Drivers” and click the plus icon to open those drivers.

> Then search for “TDSSserv.sys”

> Right click on it, and select “Disable”

Note: If you select Uninstall, it will install itself again when you reboot the system, so DON’T select Uninstall.

> Restart your computer

Now I suggest you download Malawarebytes http://www.id-theftprotect.com/redir_adv.php?adv_id=563 (this is our safe link – cut and paste into your browser and you’ll be taken straight to the download pages) and then run the scan and fix the problems it finds.

Good luck. Any problems, please give us a call. +44 0870 766 9234.

This entry was posted in anti-virus. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to go.google.com fix found

1. Anonymous says:

Thankyou for the advice regarding go.google,seemed to do the trick, the only thing is after running malwarebytes I was prompted to restart to delete the offending files which I did, after the restart I checked the quarentine area and some of them were still there, I take it they are safley locked away,any idea how I rid myself of these nasties? thanks again for the great advice 😀

2. Julian says:

Any malicious files will be safely locked away. Best bet would be to use Avast 4.7 – download from here: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html (it’s free – run a boot scan and it will remove all those remaining nasties).

3. st pat says:

My vista will not give me the disable option.

4. Bill says:

You’re a GOD. I searched everywhere on the web and your solution is the only one that got me past the issue of being unable to install the Malwarebytes product. I actually have CA Antivirus and it wouldn’t let me do any updates for a reason I was unable to figure out until I saw your post, disabled that rogue device driver, then VOILA I was able to update CA, which then let me properly scan my system for viruses and spyware.

Even after updating it, CA alone was unable to resolve the go.google.com problem so I then used Malwarebytes to do the final cleanup.

Without your post I would still be pulling my hair out and would eventually have backed up the data on this machine, wiped it, and reinstalled Windows, all programs, restored the data, yada yada yada you know the drill.

5. Julian says:

Hi Bill – glad I saved you time and money. Tell your friends about what I do…. we (IDTP) are helping many people right now…

Happy New Year!
    Safe surfing

p.s. Avast do a great FREE AV solution… I use it! Worth a punt Bill!

6. David says:

Hi Julian,

Your post is excellent. Worked straight away. My worry…. I had this virus on my PC for a few hours yesterday and until I sorted it this morning. In that time I did log in to a couple of financial websites. Do you know if this virus (go.google.com) is likely to contain a keylogger i.e. is it likely my passwords were compromised? Thanks, David.

7. Julian says:

Hi David,

Glad you liked the post. I’m not aware of a keylogger application. Best bet might be to change your online banking details just to be safe. A great FREE anti-keylogger program is keyscrambler (I use it). You might want to look at: http://www.id-theftprotect.com/solution.php?keyword=keyscrambler.

What anti virus do you use? Why not try AVAST – it will actually improve your computers performance and is FREE!

Happy New Year!

8. Thomas says:

After about seven other failed attempts to fix this problem, I stumbled upon your site. This worked perfectly for me, I hope that everyone can find this. Thanks so much for all your help with this terrible situation.

9. Julian says:

Always really great to hear we are helping people – and nice that people find the time to leave comments. Please tell people about me and our IDTP project http://www.id-theftprotect.com. Safe surfing. Julian

10. Anonymous says:

You rock. Nuff said.

11. Anonymous says:

Good Afternoon!!! julianevans.blogspot.com is one of the best informational websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. I will be back.

12. Anonymous says:

Hey, I don't know if people still visit this and comment, but I'm pretty sure I'm infected, but I don't seem to have TDSServ.sys, as I can run my malwarbytes. This lets me get rid of the viruses, but soon after restarting, they're back, and my computer is disk checking with every reboot. Please help if you can, thanks.

13. Julian Evans says:

Hi Anonymous

This might not be the go.google.com virus. To be able to diagnose I would need more information. Please can you tell me whether you have attempted to scan/remove using Malwarebytes in safe boot mode?