I’ve been asked by many people how can I stop those annoying skype calls and potential SPIM from people not in my contact list?
Well here is what you need to do:
- Click ‘Tools’ on the Skype task bar and a window will open
- Click ‘Privacy’ then ‘Privacy Settings’. You will need to change the settings to:
– Allow calls from…: ‘only people in my Contacts List’
– Automatically receive video from.. ‘only people in my Contacts List’
– Show that I have video to… ‘people in my Contacts List’
– Allow chats from… ‘ only people in my Contact List’
– Keep chat history – forever
– Tick ‘Accept Skype Browser Cookies’
How do I block a contact?
If you want to block a user you will need to click on the ‘Blocked user’ TAB. You can unblock or block a contact here.
Always important too, is making sure you have the latest version of Skype. Why? The latest version will also have the latest security patches, similar to what you would do with Windows operating systems like VISTA and XP.
To make sure you have the latest version:
1. Click the ‘Advance Settings’ TAB and make sure all of the check boxes are ticked.
That’s it. You are now ready to safely use Skype. Remember your computer may have a skype related virus on it ie. you use skype and it records your conversation or steals your contacts – always be aware and run anti-virus and anti-spyware software as often as you can.